Make sure you understand what type of breast cancer you have, because it has a direct bearing on the treatment options your doctor will consider for you.
Here are some questions to help you gather information about your cancer:
- What stage is my cancer?
- Is my cancer invasive?
- Am I a candidate for Oncotype DX, or other diagnostic tests?
- Has my cancer metastasized?
- What is my lymph node status?
- How large is my tumor?
- What grade is my tumor?
- What is my hormone receptor status?
- What is my HER2 status?
- How quickly is my cancer
- How likely is my cancer to
- Is there a way to determine the
likelihood that I will benefit from chemotherapy?
- How can I get a copy of my
pathology report and testing information?
As the last question above suggests, you should obtain a copy of your pathology report from your doctor. This is a key step in staying informed about your breast cancer and your treatment. Learn more about your pathology report and how to interpret the information it contains.
Print These Questions
Additional Questions To Consider